Dutchess Youth Career Works, Dutchess County’s Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Youth Program, is run by Family Services Inc. This year-round program offers services to youth who are not currently in school that are between 17 and 21 years of age. The purpose of the WIA youth program is to help eligible youth achieve employment success.
Dutchess Youth Career Works counselors will assist youth to either enter post secondary education, training or employment. Each youth will be partnered up with a case manager who is knowledgable and able to assist youth in accessing housing, child care or transportation as well as services offered by local agencies. The case manager will be there throughout the:
- Stages of the individual employment plan
- Completion of a GED
- Career exploration process including resume writing and interview preparation
- Individual Training Account for enrollment in a technical college/university for post-secondary education in high demand career areas
- Completion of Financial Aid forms
- Networking and introduction of employers and community resources
- Process of obtaining supportive services from local agencies
There is no cost to participate in the Dutchess Youth Career Works program. The program is offered free to eligible participants.
Dutchess Youth Career Works’ main office is located at the Family Partnership Center in Poughkeepsie at 29 North Hamilton St.
(845) 452-1110 ext 3130
(845) 838-0574 ext 201