If you are a current Career Center participant and are interested in learning more information about the availability of funding assistance for training through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), you may submit your request to attend an informational session bycompleting the web form on our calendar page. Select the “Funding Info Session” option from the drop down menu and the date and time for the session you would like to attend. You will receive an email confirmation reserving your seat. Please only submit your request once.
Not an existing participant but interested in funding assistance? Visit our New Visitors page for information on how to register.
The Funding Assistance Informational Session will provide you with eligibility and training policy information, as well as paperwork needed to submit your initial request for funding assistance. You must be an active participant in the Career Center system in order to attend Career Center workshops.
Please note: Attendance at this informational session does not guarantee the award of a training grant.
Your Funding Assistance Request will include the following items:
- An updated resume
- A current job search if you are unemployed OR
- A paystub, if you are currently employed
- The completed Individual Training Award Priority Questionnaire
- Request for Funding Assistance Statement
- Training Provider Comparison Form
View a short video on the ETPL and WIOA funding
Some Funding Assistance Requests will also include the following items:
- Driver’s Abstract (if seeking CDL Training)
- Copy of a DD214 (if a Veteran)
- Copy of Public Assistance Award letter (if receiving Public Assistance)
- Copy of the last 6 months wage records for each wage earner in the household (if low income eligible)
Completed Funding Assistance Requests can be handed in Mon-Fri 9:00am-4:00pm. If your application is not complete or accurate it will not be accepted.
Or you may mail your funding request paperwork to arrive by your specified Due Date. Mailed requests should be addressed to:
Dutchess One Stop Career Center
191 Main Street, First Floor
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Attn: Funding Department
Your request will be reviewed for eligibility based on the completeness of the paperwork submitted. If determined eligible, your paperwork will be forwarded to an Individual Training Award (ITA) counselor who will contact you to schedule your First Appointment.
It is important to note that subsidy for training is not an entitlement. Training services are a highly individualized process and may take up to 45 days or more from the date of your first appointment with an ITA Writer.
Your ITA Writer must be able to determine, at a minimum, the following before the awarding of an Individual Training Award:
- That basic career services will not be sufficient to result in full time permanent employment at either self-sufficiency wages or wages comparable to or higher than wages from previous employment
- That training services are necessary to achieve this level of wages AND
- The applicant has the skills and qualifications to successfully participate in the selected program of training services
- Training services are linked to in demand occupations in either the local or regional area (with priority given to those occupations that appear on both the local and regional lists)